Thursday, February 5, 2009

Housewifery

So, for whatever reason, I can't make comments on previous posts today. Can y'all? Anyway, I'll make them here real quick.

Tracy, I wasn't sure if you were doing South Beach, but I thought you had before and might have tricks to share here on the blog. Are you doing it again?! Our family is seriously too much alike! I need to find a picture off all three of us together for over there. --->

Mom, (who is both Mom and Aunt here now!) thanks for the shrimp shell tip! Too bad I already bought the pre-shelled kind. I'm making "Big Easy Shrimp" tonight! You know... we're not supposed to have cocktail sauce. :\ But there's a recipe for a South Beach version. Maybe I'll make that tonight too and blog the results. Anyway...

Peanut Butter Stew

I can't find the recipe on the South Beach website, because I'm not a member, but some lady posted it here. Please ignore her awful spelling: http://www.bigoven.com/169219-Peanut-Butter-Stew-recipe.html

I wish I had made much, much more of this. It was soooo good! Like everything else, I didn't really follow the recipe. I forgot that I was saving my tomato paste for this soup and used it instead in the Indian Tomato Soup. So with none of that reserved, I decided to just add the ITS leftovers to the browned steak, onion, peanut butter, bay leaf and water.

I could eat my quickly waning weight in this stuff! I love that natural peanut butter. Btw, when you're buying nat nut butter, make sure to read the label. I found three that had sugar in them to keep them from separating. Sneaky.

2 comments:

Mom said...

Yes, I noticed this morning that the comment link was gone. What's up with that?

I wish I could stay home and cook all day! Unfortunately, I have to cook quick meals in the evening and save my really good meals for the weekends.

I'll be making those muffins next weekend for sure!!

Tracy said...

I have never done a diet (only Weight Watchers). South Beach is all new to me. My friend sent me the book (I guess she was trying to tell me something) and dared me to try it for the first two weeks. You and your mom's suggestions are awesome. Sounds like it's working for you. And I will be making those muffins too in a week and two days. The first two days of this almost killed me.