Thursday, February 5, 2009

Dinner after work again...

Put a big pot of water on the stove with some Zatarain's crab boil. Kick off your shoes, put on your warm cozies. Make a salad. When the water comes to a boil dump in 2 pounds of frozen or thawed shrimp WITH THE SHELLS ON. That is very important because the preshelled shrimp have no flavor. The shell helps to trap the herbs around the shrimp. Slice some lemons. Put some hot and spicy cocktail sauce in little bowls. When the shrimp turn pink they are done. Drain them in a colander. I made the little cheese crackers last night but I burned them. We have shrimp and salad left over for tonight. I'm going to pan fry two little tenderloin steaks in an iron skillet to go with. Or should I say I'm going to FLAT IRON some steaks. :)

I've been bringing our lunch to work. I hate packing up leftovers and toting them to work and then washing the containers and hauling them back home. I was buying frozen dinners to bring to work. It's very difficult to find a frozen dinner with no potatoes, rice, or pasta! Also, they have very little meat. Mostly chopped up beyond recognition veggies. Pretty yucky.

This week I discovered refrigerated roasts and chicken. So far I've tried Hormel pork roast in au jus (not gravy) and turkey roast in au jus (all white) meat. I added vegetable steamers as a side. I've tried the sugar snap peas and green peas. I must say it's pretty darn good! I can microwave it right in my office. I feel like Jane Jetson! No mess to clean up or tote back home, either!

Isn't it funny how we all decided to go on the South Beach diet without talking to each other about it. There should be more family weddings to encourage us to stay healthy!