Thursday, February 19, 2009

Fridge Cookies

Like Terri used to make, only Splendid.
Har, har, har...

1 cup Splenda
1/4 cup margarine (I used smart balance)
2 tbs. unsweetened cocoa
1/4 cup fat free milk
1/4 cup natural peanut butter

Combine in pot over medium heat. Stir until everything is melty and mixed together. Then add:

1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup nuts (optional, but I added pecans and walnuts. Very good!)
1 1/2 cups of rolled oats

Drop in spoonfuls on to waxed paper and chill in fridge for about 2 hours, if you can stand to wait that long. I lasted 45 minutes.

Next time I make these I'll add the oats a little at a time. I didn't like the final oat to melty mixture ratio. It needed less oats. Mine didn't hold together very well as I was shoving four of them in my face.

5 comments:

Mom said...

OH MY GAWD! I love those cookies Terri used to make. I can't wait until I can have these!

Tracy said...

Oh those sound excellent! I've got a real sweet tooth right now.

Tracy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mom said...

WHERE ARE YOU GIRLS??? Are you still doing South Beach? Am I alone out here???

Tracy said...

I'm here! I'll blog something quick. Mark is gone AGAIN so I've been running around like a crazy woman. By the way, I made these cookies and Mark LOVED them.