Monday, September 17, 2007

Mexican Soup

on sale at Kohl'sI kept thinking I was leaving something out. This recipe -- which someone, as she lies in bed all sickly and bored, will hopefully supply readers with later -- was beautifully simple and quite tasty.


I was brave and included the cheese cubes, although that doesn't mean I ate them! I also simmered the crap out of it all for about and hour and a half instead of the half hour the recipe suggests.

it's more of a dining nook
I think we will enjoy these left overs far more than we did the Tamale Pie. The meal itself wasn't very photogenic, despite my killer plating skills, so I have included instead a picture of my new dining "room". Above is a close-up of my new table cloth. I wish I had a matching apron...

2 comments:

Mom said...

Send your mom a table cloth and she can fashion it into an apron!! :)

Sarah said...

I'll have to visit another Kohl's and try to find one. I also bought a matching table runner for the coffee table. It's getting cozy in here!