Thursday, September 13, 2007

Bunuelos

I forgot to mention that I made bunuelos from the cookbook on Saturday night! They were muy bien!! I cut the recipe in fourth. The recipe made 24 bunuelos. I made 6. Also, I didn't roll them out as thin as the recipe called for because they were sticky and I couldn't roll them. I probably didn't alter the recipe perfectly and put too much water in the dough. Anyway, they were so good I ate five of them. Dan ate one!! They puffed up to about 1/2 inch in thickness so they weren't crispy like they should have been. But, they were very good. I will definately be making them again. Next time I may try to make them thinner. Also, the recipe said to punch a hole in the middle. Didn't do that, either, because of the stickiness. They were like fried dougnuts without a hole and sort of "eggy" (due to the eggs in the recipe!) Recipe and page number to follow at another time.

No comments: