Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Spicy Nut Mix
I couldn't comment on Tracy's original post so I'll make a new one!
I finally got around to making the Spicy Nut Mix and it is YUMMY!
I didn't have any ground ginger, though. So, I'm wondering what I'm missing without that ingredient. Guess I'll have to make it again. This batch isn't going to last long, anyway! :0)
I modified my version, also. I used roasted soynuts and left out the roasted edamame. WHY??? Because they are the same thing! So... why have two cups of soy nuts when you can sub 1 cup with pistachios instead!!?? So, I used a cup of pistachios in place of edamame and Tracy's sub of pepitas.
I'm thinking next time I'm going to user hotter chile powder.
I've lost FIFTEEN pounds! YAY for me!!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

15 pounds?! Good for you! Matt and I gained a few on our vacation. I went to the store today though, and bought Phase 1 food so we can start over. :/

Tracy said...

I thought that was funny about the edamame and soy nuts. I put too much ginger in my nut mix. I wished I had hotter chili powder too. That's awesome that you've lost 15 lbs. I bet you have lost more than that. I gained 6 1/2 pounds when we went to Calif. I had Bodeins sourdough bread, ghirardelli chocolate, jelly belly's and salt water taffy and BEER :-) I guess you could say that I fell off the wagon, but I am back on it again. Can't wait to see you both in C-bad. I'm looking forward to dyeing easter eggs.