Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Tostadas Estilo Patricia

Or: Tostadas in the style of Patricia (whoever that is!) I just call these YUMMY tostadas.

I cheated. I had no chicken so I used ground beef. OH MY GAWD! They were good. Dan ate FOUR!

Fry some corn tortillas until crisp and hard. Spread with refried beans. Then add in layers: Shredded boiled chicken, sliced avocados (or guacamole), sliced tomato, salte, grated Monterrey Jack chees, shreed lettuce, green chile sauce, top with sour cream.

Okay, this is how I did it :)

Bought some tostada shells at the store. Made refritos from some leftover beans. Fried up some ground beef. Combined the beans and ground beef (stays on the tostada better that way). Sprinkled cheese on top. Put them in the oven until the cheese melted. Then, I added chopped onion, lettuce, tomato, and put a HUGE dollop of guacamole on top. Served them with salsa on the side. I must say, I could eat them again tonight. Too bad there weren't any left over!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Sarah, I didn't make the rice cuz I got home so late! Let me know how it turned out! I am not good at making rice, as you know...