Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Quiche de Reciprocation

Matt and I decided that, after my mom’s success with the Pollo de Casarol, we’d try our best to add a little French flair to the dinner menu. We chose three recipes from Mastering the Art of French Cooking. I know, it’s not “the cookbook” guiding this blog, but I still think the meal is worth mentioning. I made Quiche Lorraine while Matt made a-beef-steak-with-red-wine-and-mushroom-sauce-type-thing. His recipes took a little longer and were way more complicated than my quiche, but in all that work, we learned how to “revive” canned beef stock and thicken gravy pretty easily. I got to use pinto beans as weights as I baked my quiche crust, something I was excited to try. I don’t know why I look forward to these kinds of things! Anyway, it all turned out pretty well. I think quiche might become a staple in our new home, since it is just a high-falutin’ word for bacon and eggs.

2 comments:

Mom said...

I think we should do this in Spanish only when we start using the Spanish/English Cookbook!

Sarah said...

Maybe German too? I have a test tomorrow and will be studying whilst I cook tonight!